Sunday 29 May 2011

May 29, 2011









Today was our first Sunday in London. I got to go to church at the local LDS building and had Stake Conference with them. It was a fun experience and got to sit next to an adorable little boy named Luigi. After attending church we came back to the flat and enjoyed some tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. It warmed our bellies and prepared us for a nap that I was in desperate need of. After a long three hour nap we had a quick snack and were out to the streets of London again. We walked to a park called Hyde Park which was a beautiful escape from the busy city life of London. We took a few moments to sketch at the Albert Monument and enjoyed the sites on the way home. Today I also gave out directions to a lost traveler! It felt great to know something, and not to be the one that was lost. Another highlight of my day was going to the ATM and drawing out some pounds. I can now say that I have touched a 20 pound and a 10 pound bill. I am such a tourist!!! Looking forward to our trip to Burley House tomorrow. More great photo's on there way!

No comments:

Post a Comment