Tuesday 31 May 2011

May 31, 2010










Today involved a visit to the grand Blenheim Palace. I got to have a guided tour of the state rooms and saw the rose gardens, arboretum, and Cascade Pumphouse. It was such a beautiful day and a beautiful place to visit. The interior of the house didn't allow for pictures, so I had to make some space for the memories to be stored in my head. One interesting fact about the palace is that it is still inhabited. The people live in a separate area from the area open for tours but they hang a flag to inform visitors when they have left the residence. Then you are able to see and tour the other areas of the house. After touring the house, I entered the gardens and saw the rose gardens and had a nice walk around the grounds. I got to see the Arboretum, the Cascade Pumphouse, the Boat House and ended back at the Orangery for lunch. I had the most delicious chocolate muffin and a ham and dijon mustard sandwich. After touring the palace, we rode the bus to Oxford. In Oxford we did some shopping and sightseeing. I got some really good chocolate treats from Thornton's and a cute alarm clock in red with the London flag.

1 comment:

  1. The food sounds yummy. I knew you would love the chocolate. Have fun! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete