Tuesday 14 June 2011

June 12, 2011 Second day in Ireland

A windy picture by the water. 

The lush green landscape of Belfast. 

Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge that I crossed. 

My view while waiting to cross the rope bridge. 

The view while walking back after crossing the rope bridge. 

Giant's Causeway

A rock formation called the Organ while at Giant's Causeway.
Today is my second day in Belfast. I got some extra sleep, but I don't know if I will ever recover fully from my loss of sleep on this trip. But who needs sleep when your in Europe!!!! I am feeling a little better but still sick with my cold but more touring of Ireland today is on the agenda. We got a delicious buffet breakfast from the hotel. Everyone loads up and goes back for three or four plates. I love croissants and loaded up on freshly squeezed orange juice.  Yummy! I shouldn't be writing about this delicious breakfast while my belly is a little hungry. After breakfast, we got on another tour bus and got some more information about the city. We stopped at the Carrickfergus Castle. This was my first spot where I smelled the ocean and felt the ocean wind on my face. It was beautiful and the stop was too short for me. I wanted to stay a little bit longer and enjoy the scenery and views. But, greater and bigger things were to come. Our next stop involved a rope bridge- yep thats right, I crossed a rope bridge in Ireland! On the way to the bridge the path followed the coast and the gorgeous green landscape. I made it across and back. The way across was a little scary because a gust of wind came along and made the spot where I was walking sway a little bit. The way back was a lot quicker and less windy. After the bridge, we went to Bushmills Distellery for lunch and I got exactly what I wanted. I got a yummy parsnip, carrot, and leek soup and a sandwich for about 5 pounds. It felt wonderful on my sore throat and gave me a little more energy for the rest of the day. After lunch, we traveled to the Giant's Causeway. This was a treat for the eyes, the rocks were so interesting to look at and climb and it was great to be so close to the water. The rain didn't fall all day until we got close to being done with the walk back to the bus. What a great second day in Belfast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment