Monday 20 June 2011

June 20, 2011 Free Day in Paris

My finds at the flea market-too bad my suitcase isn't bigger.

KEYS!!!!

Can you find the giant key?!

Zaha Hadid's moving exhibit.

Notre Dame Cathedral

Incredible detail on the exterior.

The Eiffel Tower

Photo shoot on the top of the Eiffel Tower. 

Super excited to be on the top level of the Eiffel!!!

Incredible views.

This was taken after going all the way to the top. I was up so high!!!
Today was another free day in the city of Paris. I got to see and do many fun things. First, it involved visiting the flee market. I got to see antiques, modern pieces of furniture, art, jewelry, and the people of Paris. Getting there involved traveling on the metro. The more I use it the more comfortable I feel, but still am used to the Britain way of doing things on the underground. Some differences include: the labeling of the stations, having to open the door yourself when you need to exit the car, and to find your stop you have to find the end location first and then get on that route, having a new ticket for every time you enter the metro. But we made it there and began our journey through the flea market by first encountering men trying to sell handbags and sunglasses. They had booths set up with leather jackets and bags, jewelry, one vendor was selling hair products like shampoo and conditioner and hair color. We walked up a street and found the antiques and furniture. I saw many Eames chairs, chandeliers, artwork, and odd objects. Later we found our way to Zaha Hadid, ate a quick lunch, walked by Notre Dame, and made a quick visit to the grocery store, went to the eiffel tower and rode all the way to the very top.Yes that is right! I went to the very top of the Eiffel Tower! What a life experience!!! The views of Paris were incredible and the experience was everything I could have hoped for and more. I  LOVED IT SO MUCH!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you rode up the eiffel tower. You are a world class traveler now. I have enjoyed reading over your blog and looking over the photos. Nice blog. It is fun to see the pictures of you in the pictures of the amazing sights you are visiting. Sheila

    ReplyDelete