Saturday 4 June 2011

June 4, 2011






Today was our first free day of the trip. It involved catching up on some much needed sleep and having an extremely late start to the day. I ended up waking up at around ten and did some cleaning in my closet. It is amazing how living out of suitcase can get so messy. You would think that it was such a small place, but boy oh boy I had a mess on my hands. I should have taken a picture to show why I am so proud of having it nice and clean again. After cleaning, I had a shower and some breakfast that was delicious.  A small group of us decided to go to a place called Regent's Park in London. We rode the tube and found the stops very easily and had a quick walk to park.  We were going to go the zoo after we had a nice walk through the park but instead came upon the London Green Fair. We picked a great day to go the park.  The park was stuffed to the brim with people, booths, and food vendors. This weekend is "holiday" for people and the tube and every where we go seems to be very packed. We rode the tube and were crammed next to each other. I was very glad to get off at our stop and stretch myself and gain my personal bubble space back. Well the park was gorgeous and landscaped very well. Once inside the space with all the booths, we walked around and once again I got some really cute things. I found a really fun leather bracelet that the lady said was from Argentina. Now when someone asks where I got it from, I can say that I got it from London but it came from Argentina. Crazy! oh and I also got a really fun summer dress. I tried it on over my other clothes and it fit. I love the pattern and the green and purple colors. I have to stop spending money! While at the fair I also enjoyed a crepe filled with cheese, tomato, and basil. When I asked for the flavor that I wanted the lady smiled when I said tomato, they pronounce it "tamato". I also experienced the french way of not shaving your armpits as she asked who was next.  Yucky! The hair still showed when she put her arms down. Well that was a nice start to my free days, but tomorrow will be much more amazing... I AM GOING TO SCOTLAND!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!! Great pictures to come.

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute in that picture in your new skirt. I love it! I am excited to see all your purchases. Keep on having fun.

    ReplyDelete