Saturday 18 June 2011

June 15, 2011 Bonjour to France!






Today I write this post in the city of Paris! I can't believe that I am in the city of Paris or even in the country of France. But I am and love it. We rode the Metrostar or the Chunnel to get here. I was able to shrink my luggage to all fit inside my big monster of a suitcase. I was feeling very proud of myself after i zipped it shut and looked down at it. I mailed home two boxes of things that I didn't need and souvenir's from London, Scotland, and Ireland. I am not happy with how much it cost to send it, but hopefully in the grand scheme of things it was worth it. We made it to France at around five in the evening and made the journey on the metro. Maneuvering the stairs with a heavy suitcase was a challenge and made me just want to walk away and leave it behind. But once again I found a way to make it work. Our first night involved making our way to our hotel, eating dinner, and ending the evening with a walk to the Eiffel Tower. The hotel is in a convenient area to shops and places to find food. The room I am in has four small beds, bathroom, and a small fridge. The view is of the street outside but of nothing too exciting. We had dinner at a place called Pizza Amalfi, they are very friendly and speak English (which is very helpful when you are ordering food). They also wave to us from the streets and say hello to us when we walk past their restaurant. After dinner, we got to go for an evening stroll on the street of Paris to the Eiffel Tower. The walk was shorter than I expected and saw the top of the tower over the trees. The closer we got I would see more and more of the tower, and then I SAW THE ENTIRE EIFFEL TOWER in all its glory. It was beautiful and such a sight to see. I took so many pictures and later noticed that most of them were slightly higher and lower of each other. We got to sit on the grass and enjoy the scene in front of us for awhile. The tower started to twinkle and sparkle with lights. It was a magical experience. More to look forward to tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment